Friday, September 24, 2004

Damned Annoying

Mom has never seen "The Princess Bride". Or so she claims; I find it hard to believe, since I know Dad had seen it. But never mind that. We were all prepared to sit down to dessert and a movie tonight. I popped open the DVD box, and ... nothing.

The last one to watch it was Kristi's mom, when she was visiting a couple of weeks ago -- but Kristi assures me her mom wouldn't have taken it out of the DVD player. Considering that Kristi's mom rewinds VHS tapes by scanning backwards through the entire film, I hope that's true. But that doesn't really address the question of where the DVD is.

I feel like Heather when she lost her glasses. Ideas, anyone? It's not in any of the other DVD boxes, so don't bother suggesting that. Nor is it in the DVD player, or in either drive of the computer.

And please remember that this is my favorite film; disrespect it and you disrespect me.