Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Good Friends

Tomorrow's my birthday. The day of my birth, plus or minus 46 years.

Because I'm taking tomorrow off, Ming brought treats in to celebrate. He also brought me a bag of jumbo Red Vines.

Of course, Scooter brought me a pumpkin pie for no particular reason at all some weeks back, and yesterday bought me a Chipotle burrito for my birthday. Plus he gives me books.

(If we were all gay, I'd feel a little like Bridget Jones. However, I'm pretty sure all of this being-nice-to-Larry stuff is purely heterosexual, so we can just chalk it up to me being such a great guy and all.)

Kristi, on the other hand, braved the pre-Christmas shopping madness that is Roseville to go to not one, but two major retailers in a (successful) quest to purchase a new hard drive for me (to make up for the Thanksgivings-day near-miss at CompUSA). And that wasn't even my birthday present. Now that's love.

So I'm sitting here awash in giant cupcakes and tiny donuts, which I'd happily share with you if you were here. But you're not. Losers.