Monday, April 11, 2005

Yeah, Resolved, Whatever

Okay, so I haven't been blogging much. Sue me.

This last week, Emma was on vacation from school. Being loving parents, we promptly drove her to the airport and put her on a Delta flight to California, hoping that if she got lost between planes in Salt Lake City she'd soon find herself a position as junior wife to some local higher-up in the Mormon Church. It's probably a good thing that it didn't play out that way.

As soon as Emma was gone, we took everything out of her bedroom and plunked it down in the middle of the living room; Kristi had it in her head that Emma would return to a freshly-painted room. But that didn't play out as planned, either, for a variety of reasons. We both felt crappy (Kristi with a bug, me with my seasonal allergies), and the texture coat that Kristi applied to mask the ancient cracks and crappy paint requires a week to cure before painting. So Emma returned to an empty room. (We told her we didn't think she was coming home, so we were converting it to an exercise room with a big-screen TV. She wasn't amused.)

When it came to time to retrieve Emma from Delta Airlines yesterday, we both went to the airport. Even though Delta's rules expressly state that only one adult can meet the minor's plane, and Kristi was the only one listed on Emma's flight records, the ticket agent rather mechanically cut me a pass as well. So I suppose I'm now, technically, guilty of breaching airport security.

We were a little early, so we cruised the main shopping area at the Lindbergh Terminal. A plywood facade announced that in spring 2005, a Fox News Channel Newsstand would be moving in. I can hardly wait.

In other news, it seems that the Pope died. I thought I'd mention it, since minor stories like that sometimes slip right under the radar.