Friday, December 30, 2005

More Stuff

Okay, so I'm blogging while lying in bed. I'm doing this even though it's uncomfortable because Kristi bought me a Toshiba laptop for birthday/Christmas/Hanukkah.

I don't want to sound ungrateful -- really, I'm not ungrateful, I think this is an unbelievable present, all the more so because she hates the time I spend on the computer -- but blogging while lying in bed? No big deal. It's more comfortable in a chair.

I have to admit, though, I'm really looking forward to sitting on the front porch some Saturday morning this spring, with the computer and a cup of coffee. Maybe not as nice as Kirk and Kassia have it, with Mount Wilson practically in their backyard, but still -- for me, that'll be as close to paradise as I'm going to get here.

I'm not going to list the other gifts I received, mostly because it's an abundance of riches that I really don't deserve. I'm grateful for every last one of 'em, though.

Last night we got several inches of snow -- the warm, sticky kind that comes off the shovel in a big clump instead of blowing back in your face. The perfect-for-snowballs-and-snowmen kind. We'll probably be playing today. Emma got a snowboard from Kristi's parents, and this seems like too good an opportunity to waste; we'll likely take her to the hill behind Highland Park library for some fun. She can fall down in the snow while Kristi pastes me with a snowball or three.

More later.