Sunday, June 05, 2005

Grand Old Day

Saint Paul's annual Grand Old Day celebration was today. Emma and I had great seats for the parade. Many pictures were taken. Sorry about that (trust me, I've edited out a whole bunch, mostly radio station vans and politicians in the backs of trucks with Real Authentic Hay Bales).

Can't have a parade without bagpipers; these are from our neighbors, Macalester College.



Walking produce, also a requirement -- not to mention enormous grocery sacks.



Horses are always a plus at parades; here they're immediately followed by the official Horse Sanitation Brigade.



First highlight of the parade: the Saint Paul Bouncing Team. 'Scuse me while I kiss the sky.



Second highlight of the parade: the Chipotle truck. No free burrito for me, though.



The Old Car: absolutely required in a parade.




Thunderbird convertibles with women (or guys in uniform) perched on back seat waving -- also absolutely required.



Stunt unicyclists. Gotta love 'em.



Clowns. Gotta endure 'em.



Dog in limo.



Segway Segway Segway!!!



And finally, the Summit Brewery float. Only could have been better had they been throwing bottles and kegs at the crowd. With Chipotle burritos. I'd pay to see that parade.