Sunday, January 15, 2006

Lazy Sunday

Not really; plenty to do. But I thought I'd drop by anyway.

Friday night Kristi and I watched "The Motorcycle Diaries," which we had in from NetFlix. It was a lovely travelogue with a good cast, but as Kristi noted afterwards, it fell a bit flat in really showing what made Ernesto into Che. Yes, there was plenty showing the lines between the haves and the have-nots, the Spanish descendents and the indigenous population, the healthy and the leperous -- but Alberto's character development was more visible than was Che's, and if you view the movie as Alberto's story, I think it plays better.

Last night we all watched "Elf" for the first time (this one a freebie from our local library). Kristi laughed out loud several times, which rarely happens while movie-watching, and Emma went into hysterics. Plus, I got another dose of the adorable Zooey Deschanel. A win for everybody.