Saturday, March 18, 2006

Long Time No See

The whole "Let's take the computer room apart to paint it and never put it back together" thing is getting old. Really old. Emma's been sick the last couple of days, which hasn't helped; she missed school on Friday, and after a good morning, redeveloped her fever this afternoon. Hopefully she, and the house, and everything else, will be back to something approaching normal soon. Meantime, I'm still blogging (and doing everything else) from the laptop -- right now, on the kitchen table with Izzy curled up in my lap and Season 2 Buffy running in a small window.

Among the "everything else" I'm doing on the laptop is a complete rewrite of CDFFL. Scooter made a habit of hacking the site last year just for fun; this coming season, he's in for some surprises. It's going to be much more secure, and much more easily maintained and extended. As to what the extensions might be? Dunno. Possibly a forum in place of the never-really-took-off commissioner's blog from last season. Certainly some additional stats reporting. And it's going to look much, much sweeter.

Also, I've got a really cool little ASP project for Worth1000 to work on. I've been doing some debugging there, just to get my feet wet again with the ASP/VBScript thing, but I think I may be ready to actually get going on the project, which I won't tell you about and you can't make me so don't even ask, 'kay? 'Kay.