Tuesday, September 05, 2006

As Scooter Notes ...

... Steve Irwin is dead.

This is obviously big, big news, as it was splashed all over the top of the various news outlet webpages yesterday.

I wish his family well, I'm terribly sorry that it happened. But honestly, consider -- Steve Irwin was killed by a dangerous wild animal that he got too close to while filming. Pardon me if I fail to register shock at that news.

"Steve Irwin killed during attempted bank robbery" -- that one would surprise me.

"Steve Irwin fatally beaten by koala bear" -- shocker, yeah.

"Steve Irwin, five others die during ill-fated space shuttle launch" -- okay, surprised me there.

"Steve Irwin forgets safeword" -- um, yeah, okay.

But he went much as I would have expected he'd go. For his sake, I'm glad it went down as it did; had to be more pleasant than being mauled by a crocodile.

Labels: