Saturday, December 23, 2006

Birthday Follow-Up

So, the gift list, which was very satisfying in a geeky sort of way (although, really, nothing can compete with the Toshiba notebook computer Kristi gave me for my birthday/holiday present last year):
  • A Rockler gift card from my brother-in-law and his family;
  • Two CDs from my sister-in-law and her family (a Kinks CD to fill a gap in my collection, and Marykate O'Neil's latest;
  • Four O'Reilly books from my mom and Kristi's parents (the CVS and shell scripting books are going to come in very, very handy in my new life as a NetKernel-on-Linux developer);
  • Also from Kristi's folks, the seventh and final season of Buffy on DVD, finishing out my collection;
  • From Emma, a tub of Red Vines (my favorite treat);
  • And from Kristi, a fondue set (yes, I've been wanting one for a while, 'cuz if I can make cheese fun for Emma, maybe she'll actually consume some protein -- plus, you know, chocolatey fun).
We took a drive (the five of us in a Yaris (cramped but, well, cramped) down to Red Wing, just to get out of the house. John hadn't been that direction before, and it's been years and years since I have. Tonight Kristi and I will do dinner and maybe a movie -- depending on how soon we get out of here.

Labels: ,