Monday, October 29, 2007

Memed Again

Damn it. Here I was, not blogging and having a fine time of it. Then Scooter memed me.

1. Name one person who made you laugh last night.
Angela. Biscuits make me laugh.

2. What were you doing at 0800?
Nursing a cup of coffee that Scooter poured me, and trying like hell to make sense out of the wacky database stylings of Randy Kleinhuizen and his Oracle Obsessions.

3. What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
Reading blogs.

4. What happened to you in 2006?
Left Thomson-West for Thomson-FindLaw.

5. What was the last thing you said out loud?
"That bastard Scooter."

6. How many beverages did you have today?
OJ at breakfast, two coffees, one huge iced tea at lunchtime, water, water, water. Seven.

7. What color is your hairbrush?
Like I have enough hair to worry about that. My former hairbrush, appropriated by my daughter, is wood. So, um, brown? Tan? Wood-colored.

8. What was the last thing you paid for?
Lunch.

9. Where were you last night?
At home.

10. What color is your front door?
Brown. But not tan or wood-colored.

11. Where do you keep your change?
In a cute little Chinese box bought for me by either Bob Kempf or Tim Ryan after the three of us played the Gods in Brecht's "The Good Woman of Szechwan" at CSU Fresno in 1981.

12. What’s the weather like today?
As Scooter says: "Around 65 and very pleasant." Sunny. Izzy got some outdoor time. Smudge isn't allowed to get outdoor time because he insists on killing things and bringing them back in the house.

13. What’s the best ice-cream flavor?
Cherry Garcia. I just said that to be predictable. Actually, my favorite is Breyer's Natural Vanilla. It's really, really good, and can be dressed up as appropriate for any occasion (I prefer chocolate sauce and a sprinkle of chopped nuts).

14. What excites you?
Bicycling. Puzzles (word, math, coding). Discussing politics and/or religion. Some music. Some movies. Good books. God, I'm boring. I mean, books and vanilla? Come on.

15. Do you want to cut your hair?
Yes. Not that you'd notice much if I did.

16. Are you over the age of 25?
Way over. Thanks for asking.

17. Do you talk a lot?
I don't think so. The content writers over the cube wall probably think I talk way too much, though.

18. Have you watched any television series, regularly, to which you be ashamed to admit your regular viewership? What was your favorite episode?
I'm not at all ashamed of my Buffy addiction; sorry, Scooter. I'll have to say Star Trek: Voyager -- it was a guilty pleasure of Kristi's and mine. Favorite episode: that one where the Doctor does something really funny. You know.

19. Do you know anyone named Steven?
Several. That reminds me, I need to try to get in touch with one of them. Thanks!

20. Do you make up your own words?
Occasionally. More often I try to use existing ones in new ways. Emma and I were talking about the solar system. She was wondering what people from Jupiter would be called. I told her I was more interested in what you'd call someone from Uranus. She thought that was funny. I told her they were called Urinals. She thought that was even funnier.

21. Are you a jealous person?
Not so much.

22. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘A’.
Amanda.

23. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘K’.
Kirk.

24. Who’s the first person on your received call list?
My what?

25. What does the last text message you received say?
I don't text. My thumbs are too old to text. So the last one was probably Virgin Mobile trying to sell me ring tones.

26. Do you chew on your straw?
Yes. And my ice. Disgusting, I know.

27. Do you have curly hair?
To the extent I have hair at all, yes, I do.

28. Where’s the next place you’re going to?
Work, in the morning.

29. Who’s the rudest person in your life?
Scooter. I'd choose Kevin, but he's too far away to really be a nuisance.

30. What was the last thing you ate?
A home-roasted pumpkin seed.

31. Will you get married in the future?
I'm booked up at present. Check back later.

32. What’s the best movie you’ve seen in the past 2 weeks?
We went to see Ratatouille at the cheap theatre in Roseville. I loved it.

33. Is there anyone you like right now?
Gee, thanks, Scooter. I like you too. And Kevin, even though you're both rude. And Brad, and Ming. And most of the people I work with at FindLaw. And the staff at Worth. (Bob and Amanda and Sean and Randy and Kirby and Lisa and Avi and the rest of the admin gang, and the jurors -- well, most of the jurors. Well, Angela. And Ali; Ali's okay. I'm withholding judgment on the rest of them, though.) And my family -- all of them. Even the ones I don't like, I like. And the cats, except when Smudge has something dead in his mouth.

34. When was the last time you did the dishes?
I do the dishes daily. It's one of my things. I inherited it from my dad, or I picked it up while dishwashing in college. Either way, it's a chore I like to do, and since we don't have a dishwasher and we like to cook (and Emma often won't eat what Kristi and I are having), there's plenty to be done.

35. Are you currently depressed?
It would certainly explain some of my physical symptoms, but I don't think so. Unless I'm depressed about my physical symptoms.

36. Did you cry today?
No.

37. Why did you answer and post this?
Because Scooter will hound me if I don't.

38. Tag 5 people who would do this survey.
Ali, Sean, Kevin, Maggie, Amanda. If any of 'em are paying attention, that is.

AND, feel free to change out one of these questions for anything else you want to ask and answer.

Labels: