Thursday, October 07, 2004

The Mailbag

Regarding my "Mr. Mom" post, Cyn notes:
I feel your pain- multiply that by 3 and that's my life.
Quite right -- and I can console myself with candy bars, too. The only defenses I have in whining about it are that:
  1. It's a new pain, at least for me; and
  2. This is a blog. Whining is pretty much its reason for being.



Regarding my post about Kristi's job, Kevin writes:
Mr. Mustard, I'm going to tell you something. And I want you to pay attention, because I think this can have as profound an effect on your life as it did on mine: "God only gives you what you can handle."
If you only know Kevin from his blog, you might assume he's just pontificating. I know better. However, I would amend his wise words as follows: "God only gives you what you can handle. Kevin gives you CDFFL."


And finally, CynnLynn writes:
I'm sorry to read about your and your wife's troubles, MMM. Will say an extra prayer for you.

Thanks -- but Kevin and Cyn are right. User your prayers for people with real problems. We're doing fine. Kristi is only out of work by choice; there are always jobs for nurses. She'll just have to find a less perfect one now. Her grandmother's death was, in some ways, a blessing; her mind was going, and Kristi's mom was stretched way too thin and on the verge of finding a home for her. And my own stuff is nothing. Time-consuming and stressful, but ultimately nothing.