Saturday, January 28, 2006

Dragging On

Kristi and Emma were both sick last week (the week of the 16th). Emma got better. Kristi thought she got better, went back to work Monday and Tuesday, but had a relapse last Tuesday night and missed work on Wednesday. Then she thought she got better again, went medallion hunting on Thursday and Friday, and now ... now she's got pneumonia.

Yuck.

Kristi thinks I'm a lousy patient, that when I'm sick I tend to exaggerate my discomfort and play for sympathy. And hey, who am I to argue? But I think that makes me a good patient, in the sense that I recognize something's wrong and try to make it better. Kristi is the one who isn't a good patient. She doesn't get the lesson of it all (take it easy) -- she doesn't like letting me take care of her, or even admitting that anything's wrong at all. Hence the multiple relapses and eventual pneumonia.

I'll explain all of this to here when she's feeling better. Then I'll get sick and let her pamper me. :)