Sunday, March 19, 2006

Movie Time

Kristi was wired last night; didn't want to go to sleep, particularly since there was a sick kid in the middle of our bed. So we watched the rest of "De-Lovely", which we'd started a couple of nights before.

If you mashed together "All That Jazz" and "In and Out", you'd pretty much end up with "De-Lovely". If the combination of "All That Jazz" and "In and Out" doesn't sound like a particularly good movie to you, well, you're right. The fact that Kevin Kline in old-man makeup looks distractingly like Carl Reiner really didn't help much, either, since I kept waiting for Mel Brooks to show up and make the whole experience worthwhile.

I should note here that I very much like Kevin Kline's work. And, while I don't think Ashley Judd is one of our Great Actresses, she's competent and a pleasure to behold, even when made up to look like Dying Wife of Carl Reiner. Neither of these facts helps the movie at all.

Thankfully, this was a library loan, so I can't say it cost anything but the time invested in watching it. Still, we've got "Junebug" sitting on the kitchen counter from NetFlix, and I'd much rather have been watching that.