Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Movie Meme

I've been tagged by Scooter.

1. Name a movie that you have seen more than 10 times.
The first one that comes to mind is Princess Bride, but I don't want to repeat what Scooter said, so I'm going to have to go elsewhere. My dad used to enjoy watching movies over and over, and I probably sat through Silverado ten times with him, so that's gonna be it.

2. Name a movie that you've seen multiple times in the theater.
2001: A Space Odyssey. When I was younger I'd catch it at art houses whenever I could. I saw the original Star Wars at least twice in the theater and once at a drive-in.

3. Name an actor that would make you more inclined to see a movie.
Hugh Grant (yeah, he's always Hugh Grant, but Cary Grant was always Cary Grant and it worked out pretty well for him). Kevin Kline.

4. Name an actor that would make you less likely to see a movie.
Cruise. Travolta. Madonna. There's your dream cast right there.

5. Name a movie that you can and do quote from.
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the Eighth Dimension. Laugh while you can, monkey-boy.

6. Name a movie musical that you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs.
All of 'em? None. But I'd do pretty well with Guys and Dolls and Little Mermaid. Do Beatles movies count?

7. Name a movie that have been known to sing along with.
A Hard Day's Night.

8. Name a movie that you would recommend everyone see.
Paradise Now. You might absolutely hate me for it, but you should see it.

9. Name a movie that you own.
Emma owns most of the movies in our household. I own Almost Famous, though. And both Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2.

10. Name an actor that launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops.
Sam Shepard is mostly known as a playwright, but I've always liked him on screen.

11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what?
Star Wars, for one. With Shelley Jeffers.

12. Ever made out in a movie?
See above.

13. Name a movie that you keep meaning to see but just haven't yet gotten around to it.
An Inconvenient Truth. And Syriana. And Brokeback Mountain. There's a long list, actually.

14. Ever walked out of a movie?
Can't remember ever doing it.

15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.
Can't think of one.

16. Popcorn?

Nope. But if Emma has some, I'll steal quite a bit of it.

17. How often do go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)?
Very rarely.

18. What's the last movie you saw in the theater?
Emma and I saw Over the Hedge at the Grandview Theatre on the day of the Grand Meander in St. Paul. Kristi and I were going to see The Prestige on my birthday, but we got a late start and settled for a leisurely dinner instead.

19. What's your favorite/preferred genre of movie?
Like Scooter, I like sci-fi, but I enjoy lots of different kinds of movies.

20. What's the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?
Might have been Mary Poppins.

21. What movie do you wish you had never seen?
I can't really think of one; if something is that bad, I think I must just block it from memory.

22. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?
Eraserhead. (Though I doubt I'd enjoy it much if I saw it today.)

23. What is the scariest movie you've seen?
The original Alien scared the bejeezus out of me in the theater; that's the first thing that comes to mind.

24. What is the funniest movie you've seen?

I have a huge soft spot for What's Up, Doc? and Blazing Saddles.

Let's see -- I'm going to tag Sean, Ali and Ben, just to see if any of 'em are paying attention.