Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Sick Of It

Emma can't seem to shake whatever it is she's got. I spent the day home with her yesterday, again -- which actually worked out kinda well, since we were having the gas fireplace for upstairs installed and maple stair treads delivered. And she seemed to be doing okay during the morning, though still feverish. By the afternoon she was seriously cranky again.

When Kristi came home we scarfed down a quick dinner and then I went into work for a few hours. I didn't accomplish much, in all honesty; I was exhausted and headachey before I ever got to the car, much less the cubicle. Still, points for effort, right? And I may need to try the same thing again tonight.

Tip: when you're driving home from work late at night, don't listen to the same radio programming you normally listen to while lying in bed preparing to sleep. Bad idea.

On the bright side, the gas fireplace looks gorgeous, and if I could find the USB cable for the camera I'd show you a picture (it's in the mass of computer-room stuff on our bedroom floor; yeah, the computer room remains unfinished, surprise surprise). Soon.