Friday, September 10, 2004

Why I Love My Job

Our group is being relocated. In seven years, this will be my sixth cube, so I kind of know how this stuff works: you argue for the best cube you can, they send out a relocation schedule, they drop off the boxes with the moving stickers, and you pack. I picked a cube currently occupied by one Steve H*** (last name changed to protect the innocent).

But wait! I'm not on the relocation schedule! Fortunately, there's a follow-up email from Moanica:
Paul P. questioned when he was moving so I'm assuming others not listed would also like to know. Your moves are not dependent on the reconfiguration of cubes but instead, on the following:
Larry: You are waiting for Steve H***, who is waiting for Missy S*******, who is waiting for Clark K*****, who is waiting for Mitch E******, who is waiting for Todd B*******'s office, who is waiting for Jen S******'s office, who can move into the new office by Dave K***. However, Todd's office and two others need to be flipped to face the other way, so your move is really dependent on that "construction" to happen, too.
In other words, I'm not packing anytime soon. Sigh. Send your Christmas cards to D1-S857; I'll probably still be here.